Today, in our post we have discussed about the most common problem faced by us accidentally deleting of files, photos, documents, videos, or other files from our device specifically we have talked about MAC devices in the post.
This is one of the most frustrating and worst things to experience in person. Specially, if you’ve owned your machine for a long time. Your old documents are all gone, just as surely as if they were thrown in the trash. But you need not to worry as we have recently reviewed a software from iBoysoft named iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac which is quite effective in the recovery of your important data.
iBoysoft is a very known company for its data recovery solution. They are providing data recovery solutions from Many years in the market and had produced a strong lineup of data utilities that are both powerful enough to meet the needs of IT professionals and easy enough to use for everyone else.
Can you really recover a deleted file?
First, Lets us talk about the concept on which data recovery software works. In simple words if you write on paper with a pencil and erase it you can still see traces of the erased text same happens with the data when the information is erased from your device, there are traces available of the files on your device through which these data recovery software are able to recover your data.
Can the data be recovered 100%? Talking, about our experience we were able to recover our deleted data with very good accuracy but it’s not a 100% assured that your data can be recovered the best option is to recover the data ASAP after deleting as When you delete a file even from the Trash, its data is not overwritten, only that space is marked as free. If no new data has been stored on that location on the disk, with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac it is possible to recover the deleted files. Fortunately, if you use the iBoysoft Data recovery software vast majority of files that appear lost are still on the disk and can therefore be retrieved.
Features offered by iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
- Full MacOS support: This system’s support goes from MacOS 10.15 (Catalina), through MacOS 10.14 (Mojave), MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite ), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion) until reaching MacOS 10.7 (Lion).
- Supported file systems : Prevent recovery of APFS, HFSX, HFS, HFS +, exFAT and FAT32 file systems.
- Deleted File Recovery : It delivers comprehensive solutions to recover deleted files on Mac, including photos, videos, documents, emails and music files, etc. By using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac , you can easily recover any accidental deleted files, photos, videos, etc.
- APFS Drive Data Recovery : Perfectly support APFS drive data recovery on macOS Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra. Recover deleted/lost APFS partition with no fuse easily by using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Encrypted APFS & T2 Chip Data Recovery : iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac uniquely supports encrypted APFS drive data recovery and Apple T2 chip data recovery, including Macintosh HD and external drive.
- Unmountable Drive Data Recover : Easily solve data recovery problems like Macintosh HD not mounted, external hard drive not mounting, etc. by using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Unreadable Drive Data Recovery : Quickly recover lost data after Macintosh HD, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, external hard drive not readable, etc. by using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- External Drive Data Recovery : We often see our external drives crashing but iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac lets you easily do external hard drive data recovery, SD card data recovery, USB drive data recovery, memory card data recovery.
- Formatted Drive Data Recovery : Recover data lost due to Mac initialization, mistakenly formatting or other unexpected re-partitions operations on all types of drives easily by using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- System Crash Data Recovery : The one of a worst experience for a working professional is system crash before important meetings . You can easily overcome this disaster is by using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, which helps you to recover files lost due to Mac computer won’t boot, macOS/OS X crash, hard drive crash or other unbootable problem on Mac computer.
- Preview : In the absence of the preview option, recovering files and data can be a difficult task. But with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, the task is easier because it has a built-in previewer, which means that you can check the files before the recovery process starts. You can use the filtering options to extract the precise data of your choice with this free tool.
- Versatile scanning : The tool is capable of scanning in various formats, including deep and fast scanning. The setting can be done manually or you can choose the default setting, as you can do for recovering your files, and everything will be fine.
- Quick scan is best for restoring recently deleted files.
- Deep Scan is better for lost data due to formatting, virus infection, hard drive corruption or lost partitions.
How to retrieve deleted files using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac?
Though the specific steps may vary under different situations, in general, here are the steps for getting your data back using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
Step 1: Download iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
Step 2: Choose where to recover the data from available disk drives listed. You can also select an individual volume.
Step 3: Click Scan to scan your deleted data. If you have lost data, click Deep scan instead. Wait for the scanning results.
Step 4: Click Path, Type, or Time to locate specific files you want. The files will be presented in the middle. You can further preview the file if necessary.
Step 5: Tick the box in front of the files you want to recover and click Recover on the lower right corner.
Step 6: Select a location for the recovered files. Don’t save them on its original volume or disk in case of data loss again.
Step 7: Remember to check if you can find all deleted or lost files on the disk or folder you save them before leaving the results page. If it doesn’t successfully recover all files and you already leave the result page, you’ll have to scan again and it takes time.
Obviously, after obtaining the data, it is key to save it properly so that another similar incident does not occur again. A good idea is rule 3-2-1, which is to have 3 backups in total, with 2 copies in different drives and 1 copy in a different geographic location.
For a personal user, this would be as simple as saving the first copy on the Mac itself, the second copy on a USB stick or external disk, and the third copy on iCloud or another cloud storage platform.
Pricing & Versions of iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
There is a free version and a paid version of iBoysoft Data Recovery, the most relevant differences are:
- With the free version you can only recover 1GB of data and it is not compatible with APFS
- With the Professional edition you have unlimited data recovery, supports HFS +, FAT32, exFAT, APFS, APFS encrypted systems and can recover data even without starting macOS.
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is offered in 3 packages as mentioned below :
- You can try Free edition which can help you to recover up to 1GB data.
- 1-month license of complete set of features for 1-month at a price of US$89.95 (excl. VAT).
- 1-year license of complete set of features for 1-year at a price of US$99.95 (excl. VAT).
We find the 1-year license the most interesting since you will be able to recover your data for 1-year for only US$99.95 (excl. VAT).
So, how well does the iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac Software work? And more importantly, is it worth your hard-earned money? The iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is able to do so many things. Many data recovery programs are fairly bare-bones, and won’t recover much data. The iBoysoft suite, on the other hand, can recover just about any missing data. Whether you accidentally hit “delete” or your Mac has been bricked, you can still get back your files. Barring physical damage to the disk itself, you’re likely to be successful. Moreover, iBoysoft provides excellent customer support and documentation. If you have any trouble, there are plenty of resources for you to get help.
You should definitely give iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac Software a shot.