Point and Shoot Cameras and the market they live in have changed a lot over the last few years. Smartphones have destroyed the entry-level range of point-and-shoots and as a result, manufacturers have concentrated on putting in more advanced features into compact cameras to make them more attractive.
In addition to the move towards larger sensors to boost image quality that can give some competition to DSLRs in some cases, some compact cameras sport lenses, long zoom ranges or wide maximum apertures. Wi-Fi connectivity is also now available on most point and shoot cameras, so you can transfer shots quickly to a phone for sharing on Facebook etc.
Many photographers used to be very proud when it came to Point and Shoot Cameras, but they now make a great alternative to a DSLR or mirrorless system cameras. And those who are new to photography and are thinking moving up from a smartphone have some pretty sophisticated choices at their disposal as well.
Also read : Best laptops for video editing in India.
There are best compact cameras that can slip into a pocket yet have huge zoom ranges, and large bridge cameras that look like DSLRs, but have a fixed lens and lots of automated easy-to-use options.
These Point and Shoot Cameras prove that you don’t have to buy one that needs interchangeable lenses to get great shots.
Here we have listed the Best Point and Shoot Cameras in India for you :
|CANON POWERSHOT G7 X Mark III||CANON POWERSHOT G7 X Mark III||CANON POWERSHOT G7 X Mark III||Check On Amazon|
|Sony Cybershot DSC-WX500/B||Sony Cybershot DSC-WX500/B||Sony Cybershot DSC-WX500/B||Check On Amazon|
|GoPro Hero 8 Black||GoPro Hero 8 Black||GoPro Hero 8 Black||Check On Amazon|
|Canon PowerShot SX740||Canon PowerShot SX740||Canon PowerShot SX740||Check On Amazon|
|Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100||Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100||Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100||Check On Amazon|
5. Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 is among the best compact cameras based around a 20MP 1″ CMOS sensor. It features a Zeiss-branded 28-100mm equivalent F1.8-4.9 stabilized lens featuring Zeiss T* coatings to minimize internal reflection. The rest of its specification is pretty impressive too – a 1.2 million dot 3.0″ LCD, and 1080p60 video capture or 1080i with the ability to shoot a 17MP stills without interrupting movie recording. The camera can even boast a respectable 330 shots from a charge, according to CIPA tests.
Despite the availability of comparatively small, large-sensor mirrorless cameras, the enthusiasts’ compact boom has continued for Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100. Most of the big names in the industry now offer models to appeal to people comfortable with a a DSLR but wanting something easier to carry around. The Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 is among the Best Budget Point and Shoot Cameras in India.
Key Features :
- 1″-type Exmor CMOS sensor (13.2 x 8.8mm, 3:2 aspect ratio)
- 20.2 million effective pixels
- 28-100mm (equiv), f/1.8-4.9 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- Steady-Shot image stabilization
- ISO 125-6400 (ISO 80 and 100 expansion, up to 25,600 using multi-frame noise-reduction)
- Face Recognition and Face Registration (up to 8 faces)
- Rear control dial and customizable front control ring
- 10fps continuous shooting in ‘Speed Priority’ mode
- 3″ 1.2M-dot ‘WhiteMagic’ LCD screen
4. Canon PowerShot SX740
The Canon PowerShot SX740 HS is an update of the PowerShot SX730 HS, offering much of what we saw on the previous model, including a respectable combination of 20.3MP sensor, a 3-inch flip-up LCD screen, and the option of manual control over shooting settings. The centerpiece, however, is the 40x optical zoom lens, which covers an exhaustive range of 24-960mm in 35mm terms. The Canon PowerShot SX740 HS is among the best compact cameras available in India.
The Canon PowerShot SX740 HS battery life is also a little better, no doubt thanks to the more efficient processing engine. The menu system is also much more like those on EOS DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, which is a significant improvement over the SX730 making Canon PowerShot SX740 HS one of the Best Budget Point and Shoot Cameras in India.
Key Features :
- Sensor: 20.3MP 1/2.3-inch-type CMOS
- Sensitivity range: ISO 100-3200
- Video: 4K at 30fps, 1080p Full HD at 60fps
- Lens: 40x optical zoom, 24-960mm-equivalent, f/3.3-6.9
- Monitor: 3-inch, 922k-dot LCD, tilting
- Battery life: 265 shots
3. GoPro Hero 8 Black
The GoPro Hero 8 can be a great travel partner. This action camera is designed to be used outdoors and can help you shoot your travels from a first-person point of view. Its waterproof and rugged body helps it withstand the outdoors easily, while the gimbal-like stabilization lets it capture some stunning footage without manual intervention. The GoPro Hero 8 is among the Best Point and Shoot Cameras in India.
The GoPro Hero 8 can be the perfect travel companion, allowing you to capture unforgettable footage without getting in your way. One feature that’s attracting attention is HyperSmooth 2.0, GoPro’s image stabilization technology, which claims to rival gimbal levels of image stabilization without the need for balancing, mounting or powering an external handle. The GoPro Hero 8 is among the best compact cameras available in India.
Key Features :
- 12MP sensor
- 4K/60p, 2.7K/120p and 1080/240p video (up to 100 Mbps bit rate)
- H.264 and H.265 codecs
- HyperSmooth 2.0 video stabilization
- LiveBurst captures 1.5 seconds of photos or video before shot
- Integrated mounting ‘fingers’ attach directly to GoPro mounts
- Optional ‘Mods’ add features like 3.5mm mic jack, HDMI-out, selfie screen and LED light
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth connectivity
2. Sony Cybershot DSC-WX500/B
Want a 30x optical zoom in the smallest possible point and shoot cameras? Sony has the camera for you. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500/B isn’t much larger than the 20x WX350, yet it packs 30x zoom, a tiltable screen, a pop-up flash and a colossal 400-shot capacity battery. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500/B is one of the Best Point and Shoot Cameras in India.
There’s also a good set of features, including Wi-Fi with NFC pairing, full manual control and an advanced Superior Auto shooting mode that automatically enhances dynamic range and minimises noise. Image capture is taken care of by Sony’s 18.2MP Exmor R sensor and Bionz X image processer, giving a maximum sensitivity of ISO 12800 and a 10fps continuous shooting speed. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500/B is one of the best compact cameras available in India.
Key Features :
- 180-degree tilt LCD screen
- XAVCS 4 high-quality Full HD (1920 x 1080) 60p/50p recording at 50Mbps
- 30x optical zoom
- BIONZ X engine with advanced image processing technologies for faster image processing and detailed reproduction
- Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels
- New ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens with a 24mm*3 to 720mm 3 focal-length range
- Max aperture: iAuto(F3.5-F6.3(W))/ Program Auto(F3.5-F6.3(W) )/ Manual(F3.5-F8.0(W))/ Aperture Priority(F3.5-F8.0(W))/ Shutter Priority(F3.5-F6.3(W))
1. Canon PowerShot G7 X III
The Canon PowerShot G7 X III is the third in a series of 1″-type sensor compacts aimed at smartphone camera upgraders and enthusiast photographers looking for a best compact cameras. Its core photography features – notably its fast 24-100mm equivalent F1.8-2.8 lens – are very similar to the G7 X II that preceded it, but Canon has given the Mark III a new Stacked CMOS sensor and Digic 8 processor that together promise better image quality and performance.
The biggest changes in the G7 X Mark III are to its suite of video features, which now includes the option to live stream video: a useful feature for vloggers. Resolution has been bumped up to 4K, with 30p available out of the box and 24p coming via a future firmware update. The Canon PowerShot G7 X III is the Best Point and Shoot Cameras in India.
Key Features :
- 20MP 1″-type Stacked CMOS sensor
- 24-100mm equiv. F1.8-2.8 lens
- Built-in 3-stop ND filter
- Touchscreen tilts up 180° and down 90°
- 8 fps burst shooting with autofocus, 30 fps Raw burst mode
- 4K/30p and 1080/60p video recording
- Microphone socket
We have come to the end of our review. We hope we have cleared all your confusion regarding the Best Point and Shoot Cameras in India and will not be disheartened if you buy any of the above from the list. But based on the performance, specs and price, we will declare Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch as our obvious winner for best compact cameras in India.
Also, if you know of a Best Point and Shoot Cameras in India that you think should be covered in this list, do let us know about them in the comments section below.